Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"That's Why I'm Here": The Chris and Stefanie Spielman Story

I just finished watching Chris on Fox & Friends talking about his newly released book.   I will forever consider it a true blessing to have known Stefanie for 12 short years.  I met Stefanie when we moved to Columbus, Ohio.  I joined a women's group that raised money for the Children's Hospital.  I believe it was 2-3 months after we joined this group that Stefanie was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.  


I don't want to take anything away from the book and I'm not saying this because I know Chris and was friends with Stefanie but YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK!  I don't even like football (sorry Chris) and I enjoyed reading those parts!!  


Stefanie died the day after mine and Eric's 20th wedding anniversary.  We were in Mexico celebrating when I got an email from a friend saying she had passed.  I will never forget the plane ride home, it was at night and I was in the window seat.  I had my eyes closed and I was praying for Chris, for their children and knowing that she was no longer in pain, I felt a calmness and a vision came into my mind of Stefanie wrapped in God's arms and I heard very clearly, "Job well done my faithful servant, job well done"  That moment will stay with me forever and I'm thankful for knowing Stefanie.  


Chris Spielman on Fox & Friends
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-friends/index.html#/v/1614657203001/chris-spielman-tackles-cancer/?playlist_id=86912


Link for the book:


http://www.amazon.com/Thats-Why-Im-Here-ebook/dp/B005PMY1MQ/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2






And if you are on Facebook, simply search Chris Spielman and "Like" his page.  You will be encouraged on a daily basis.  


Live each day as if it were the last one you are given.  We all fall short of this.  Love others, show kindness, lend a hand.  Offer encouraging words, be a positive example and think, "how do I want others to remember me?"


The bible verse Stefanie held on to:


Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


Thank you Stef for your friendship, thank you Chris for sharing so much of your life.  






No comments:

Post a Comment