Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sarah's Jr/Sr Prom 2012

Sarah and Jake

We have just completed our second prom as the parents of daughters!  I never realized what a production prom is!  You don't just get a dress and a new pair of shoes anymore.  On some levels, I felt as if we were preparing for her wedding day and since this obviously wasn't, I can only imagine what that day will be like!


Here is some of what goes into "Prom"


"The Dress" - And when I say "the dress", I mean hours of shopping is spent on this.  Store after store, dress after dress..... I will say that Sarah and some of her girlfriends did this legwork and I was called in to view the "chosen" few and hopefully take a lucky dress to the register!  After the chosen three were tried on and I was having a heart attack over the price of the "most beautiful dress I've ever tried on" while her friends and the store clerk were looking at me..... All the while in my head I'm thinking, "this dress will be worn ONE time... ONE TIME and never to be seen again!  This is insane!  I cannot allow this to happen!" I had a price in my head that I thought was reasonable to pay for a dress that would be worn ONE time and this dress was way above that amount.  I felt myself starting to sweat..... So I say, "Sarah, this dress is more than I had planned on spending" The room got silent.... (remember, this is prom, not her wedding).  The sales clerk leaves and returns to say, "that dress is on sale".  I kid you not, when we got to the register, it came to EXACTLY the amount I had in my head!  




"The Dress"

"The Shoes"

Let's not forget hair, make-up and spray tan.  Appointments made for all a month and a half in advance!  I will forever be grateful for Erin and Lydia, two of Sarah's friends who met her at her hair appointment and then went to her makeup appointment, came to the house and helped her get dressed and literally I think enjoyed the day of preparation as much as Sarah did!  That they shared this special day with Sarah meant a lot to her!  


Erin, Sarah and Lydia

Erin, Sarah and Lydia






The Chosen Date:  Meet Jake Fowler!  








Jake and Sarah have known each other for several years through church.  Jake is a year older and I will say, one of the greatest young men I know!  He doesn't know a stranger, personality to the max and just an overall solid guy.  I knew that they would have a fantastic time!


The normal "pinning on the boutonniere" pictures!  Trying of course not to stick Jake with the pin!






Sarah didn't know, but Eric was letting Jake drive them to prom in his BMW.  I wonder if Eric was giving him the "rules" along with that handshake!


Jake and Eric


Sarah's best friend in high school is Haley Menzies.  They both looked stunning that night and I love that years from now they will look back on pictures and be filled with fun memories!


Sarah and her best friend Haley Menzies


Of course you can't go to prom without pictures with your siblings and your parents!  


Lizzie, Sarah and Emily

Myself, Jake, Sarah and Eric


I will say that when all was said and done and when Sarah walked down the stairs, she was breathtaking.  Absolutely stunning.  I know she's my child and I'm obligated to say that, but believe me when I say, she looked like a princess! 


I'm forever thankful to have these moments with my girls.  I treasure them and I don't take them for granted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment