Sunday, April 8, 2012

I'd like an Easter basket until I have children of my own....

 These words were spoken to me this morning by Emily who will be 20 in July.  


Eric and I were out yesterday and I said we needed to get Easter things for the girls.  


Eric, "Sharon, I think we're past that stage"
Me, "What?  Are you kidding?"
Eric, "Trust me on this one....."


Wow, was he ever wrong! 


 Yesterday when I spoke with Emily she asked if we'd sent her an Easter basket.  (Why can't they ever ask Eric these things?!)  When I told her we didn't, you would've thought I had told her that we were no longer going to pay for her college.  And of course, I felt terrible!  So I said, "Remember the cute purse and things I brought you the weekend I saw you in Texas?  Let's pretend that was your Easter gift!"  That was last month and she didn't go fall for it, but it was worth a try!


This is the text I got from Lizzie this morning.  She spent the night with her girlfriend Alex.






  She got a bucket of candy and a gift card to Starbucks.  I did add "brat" as my next text!


This is what we got Sarah and Lizzie:




Moral of the story:  Don't EVER think you are past the stage of Easter baskets.  


This cute solid milk chocolate bunny.... not quite as exciting.  Even when they are in college, they will forever be kids at heart!  My words to Eric this morning, "This will never happen again....."  


Question from Lizzie when I handed her the chocolate bunny, "Was this in the basement from last year?"  For the record, the answer was NO!


I transferred money into Emily's account to pay for Easter brunch with her girlfriends at school.  It wasn't the cute basket of goodies but she did appreciate it!  


Lesson learned.  Some things you just don't outgrow.... until you have children of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment