Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hello Flu....

I'd like to start by saying that I will be 50 this year (I promise this has nothing to do with that!) and I've NEVER had a flu shot.  Nope, don't need it.  When I came home from taking Sarah to the doctor this afternoon, I told Eric that I would be standing in the flu shot line!!


This is how our last several days have gone:


Friday:
 Lizzie runs 102* fever all day


Saturday:
 Sarah wakes up, says she doesn't feel well.  I took her temperature and it was 100.4*.  To top it off, she was taking the ACT test.  Eric and I look at each other..... Sarah says she will go.  She has been taking the online prep class and taking prep tests and had been gearing up for this day!  We pump her up with meds, give her some and to take and tell her the exact time to take them.  I drop her off and watch as she shuffles to the room.  It was 7:30am.  At 12:40pm, she calls and says she is done and feels terrible.  When I pick her up, she proceeds to tell me that she threw up three different times...... yes, you read that right.  I about died, I felt so bad for her.  First of all, I would have thrown the pencil in after the first time throwing up!!  No way would I have stayed which really says a lot about the two of us.  She is clearly better than me!  
Lizzie woke up, came downstairs to the kitchen and Eric said the next thing he knew she was passed out on the floor!!  (This took place while I was taking Sarah to the ACT)  He got her up and got her upstairs..... what the heck!  But I have to tell you, miracles do happen!  There was a school dance that night and God healed her.  I'm certain that all of her friends being there had nothing to do with it..... I did bring her Panera home for lunch and I think that was actually what healed her.  And with the cost of items at Panera, it better have!  She felt 100% better after eating Panera!  We let her go to the dance for 2 hours.
When Sarah got home, she went straight to bed.  That is where she stayed until Sunday morning!


Sunday:
Lizzie felt much better but has a persistant cough
Sarah still feels bad and achy but got caught up on A LOT of TV!


Monday:
Lizzie goes to school coughing....
Sarah goes to school for an hour and comes home


Tuesday (today)
Lizzie goes to school still coughing
Sarah goes to school for an hour and comes home.  We go to the doctor this afternoon.  They rule out mono as she doesn't have the symptoms.  They did a quick strep test and it was negative but they will send it to culture.  Looks like the flu bug is the winner!!!  


In the meantime, I've been pumping myself and the girls up with Esberitox which is basically a supercharged Echinacea!  Get some!!  


Here is another thing I've found out.  These kids drink after each other at school!  From their water bottles!  Gross!!  Germs, germs, germs!  Please tell your children to NOT share their water with their friends!  I don't care if their friend is about the pass out from heat stroke!  Well, that could be an exception.... but then tell your child to not redrink from it!  Ugh!


That's it, we're getting the flu shot....





No comments:

Post a Comment