Thursday, January 10, 2013

2013 to be a milestone year!! I'm ready! I think...

2013 - The world didn't end... those Mayans!  So now we continue forward with the new year, ready or not!  

I had the realization yesterday as I was cleaning, meal planning, laundry (sitting on Facebook) that 2013 is going to be monumental for our family!

Emily turns 21 this year.

Sarah graduates high school, will be traveling to the University of Michigan for college (approximately 5 miles from our home) and will turn 18.

Lizzie will turn 16.

The one bummer about all of this is that Eric and I turned 50 last year!  Can you even imagine the excitement if we would be celebrating our 50th birthday's this year as well?  Dang... had I only planned this better.... :)

Speaking of Lizzie... we went to the DMV to get her drivers permit last night.  I realized how much you change as a parent after each child.  We left the DMV, Lizzie got behind the wheel and said to me, "I'm such a good driver", proceeded to put it in drive instead of reverse and almost hit the pole in front of us.  I laughed and immediately Tweeted about it! That would not have happened with the other two!!  

On another note, Eric will be having knee surgery Monday.  Not a replacement thank goodness!  We are hoping that he will be as good as he was at 48!  One can only hope!  I'm feeling some pressure because I will be taking him to the hospital... (thank goodness for free WIFI so I can document his day), and cooking which will be added to my usual routine of... well, making the coffee, eating breakfast that Eric made for me, starting my job as researcher for Facebook and Twitter and Instagram, working out, having lunch with friends and getting my nails done.  I know, I know... it's a lot of pressure but I'm feeling up to the challenge!!  Don't worry, it will be well documented on Facebook and Twitter.  


No comments:

Post a Comment