Friday, March 23, 2012

Hunger Games Midnight Premier

I admit it.  I was one of the people (crazies, fools, etc) that arrived at the movie theatre at 10pm to wait for a midnight showing!  Now in a thumbs up to us, we were the first in line for Theater 11 !!  Whoo hoo!  So we sat on the floor for two hours and waited.  And because I LOVE to people watch, I was not be to disappointed!  People actually dress up as the characters!  I, on the other hand, arrived in sweat pants, sweat shirt, no make-up and glasses.  I'm a thinker and planned the 3am home arrival!!

I went to the movie with my two daughters and three of their friends.  I have not read the books and really had no idea what the movie was about!  I knew it was kids fighting each other with a love story twist.  I was pleasantly surprised with the movie.  The cinematography was great!

Arriving home at 3am was a bit painful.  Sarah and Lizzie had to get up at 7:15am to go to school.  I got up and came into the kitchen in full support!  After they left I went back to bed and slept until my mom called at 9am and woke me up!!  MOTHER!!!!  hahah!  I've been a mess all day.  I went to the grocery store and honestly felt like I had "cart rage".  It was difficult to have patience with people in the store!  Leaving the parking spot?!  Have you ever felt like everyone was out to get you when they really weren't?  That was me backing out of my parking spot!  Why did everyone have to come down the isle I was trying to leave?!!

I was thankful to be home.  With good intentions of cleaning out my closet, I spent most of the day laying on the couch!

I've decided that as exciting as it might seem to go to a Midnight Premier, there are more negatives than positives!!  The movie will be just as good the next day at "normal" times!

I'm just not as cool as I'd like to think I am!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100% premiere nights are NOT nearly as fun when you are older as they where in High School!

    ReplyDelete